New Revenue Ideas
Find the webinar here.
- New Revenue doesn’t always mean new staff
- Might need to train staff to be more efficient to be able to take on new revenue projects
- What is needed and what is desired from staff?
Example #1 Re-thinking social media sales
- Make sure the Facebook page is a business page and not a personal page
- Label commercial mentions as ‘Sponsored’
- Use Youtube to drive commercial mentions
- Charge between 100-125 per thousand, base off of Facebook friends/likes
Example #2 eNewsletter Revenue
- Reverse Selling = starts with the advertiser first, sell audience to advertiser and become a partnership
- Premier products
- Clarity with social media interactions
- Need based selling
Example #3 Pop goes the Ad!
- Interstitial AD = interruptive Ad
- Make sure the skip option is visible
- Add the company’s name
- Only use these kinds of ads in 12 to 24 hour increments
Example #4: User Interaction to Drive $$$!
- Charge advertiser based off of traffic going to a certain part of a website
- Track traffic with google analytics
- Look back over course of last year, look at the areas of the year that the traffic was high and base prices off of the traffic
- Banner ads vs sponsorship model
Example #5: Contextual Advertising
- Use articles on website, sell advertiser on the fact that the text of the article is relative to their company and they should be apart of the page.
- Next step is anytime that the relevant idea is mentioned on the website the advertisers ad will appear
Example #6: Videotorial
- Sell video as an ad on to a story
- Digital sidebar/video sidebar paid content
- In order for it to be a success needs to be mentioned in print magazine
Ryan Dohrn is the CEO of Brain Swell Media LLC. Ryan founded Brain Swell after 15 years in the mainstream publishing and media industry. Ryan is an Emmy award winning TV producer, has overseen over 3,000 Web site builds, is a nationally acclaimed speaker, has been featured in USA Today, on ABC, CBS, FOX TV stations, on Forbes.com and has personally impacted millions of dollars in online and related media revenues for media companies large and small.
To learn more about raising revenue tactics click here.